Saturday, June 28, 2014

Can I file for bankruptcy while in a Bucks County geriatric community?

Frequently, people in the legal community will send me bankruptcy clients who are either injured or who are senior citizens.

For example, my Quakertown DUI Lawyer friend has been a big source of referrals for my Upper Bucks County office.  When people are disabled, my Bucks County Disability Lawyer friend will send me those who are no longer able to work.  Frequently, they send me people who are senior citizens.

I have represented Bucks County residents who are in a nursing home, over 55 community, or have full-time home health care.  Other times, they have partial home health care.

No one in any geriatric community is precluded from filing a Bucks County bankruptcy.  You just have to qualify for a Chapter 7 or a Chapter 13 like everyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment